Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Freezable Breakfast Burritos

Another happy recipe! These turned out great! And the best part? Super simple, I only got 1 dish dirty AND made 20 breakfast burritos for the freezer.


So here we go, a simple recipe. Not much to say about it other than its good and to the point. Easy to make but tasty! I personally decided to use locally made whole wheat tortillas.

For you other Alaskans, you can find them at Costco in 3 packs of 10.



They are so yummy, but healthier that the regular ones, and as a plus you will be supporting a local business! Next time I make these I will be doing 1 1/2 times the recipe so that I can actually use up all 30 tortillas.




Ingredients:
2 lbs sausage(I use jimmy dean..the kind in the tube wrap)
1 dozen eggs
1/2-1 cup milk(whats your preference?)
1/2-1 tsp salt(to taste)
1/2-1 tsp pepper(to taste)
4 cups cheddar cheese(or whatever cheese you prefer)
20 8-10 inch tortillas


Directions
In a big nonstick pan over medium heat cook your sausage. Make sure and get it nice and crumbled. While sausage is cooking scramble your eggs together with the milk, adding salt and pepper to taste. I just did about 6 hard shakes of each and it turned out perfect.

Once sausage is finished cooking pour in the egg. Scramble away! Once that is all nice and cooked to your liking turn off the heat and stir in the cheese. Make sure everything is nice and evenly combined.

Warm tortillas up slightly if needed(to make them more pliable).

Add about 1/2 cup of scrambled mixture to each burrito, wrap up as tight as possible in the tortilla. Wrap each burrito individually in plastic wrap and then a layer of foil. Put wrapped burritos in a few big ziplock bags. I needed 3 gallon sized. I put 2 bags in the outside chest freezer, and left one bag in our kitchen freezer for easy access.

To reheat preheat oven to 350F and baked for 20-25 minutes.



I would give microwave instructions but we do not actually own a microwave so I would have any idea how long they would need to cook. I'd say unwrap the burrito then wrap in a paper towel and put it in for 1 or 2 minutes? That's the best I can do for you! Enjoy your easy breakfast! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment